Gustav Fischer, MD
Dr. Gustav "Gus" Fischer is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with a subspecialty interest in arthritis and joint replacement surgery. His practice is geared toward individuals of all ages who are seeking to reduce pain and return to an active lifestyle.
Dr. Fischer uses state of the art techniques to diagnose and treat arthritis, fractures, tendon/ligament injury, and failed joint replacement. Care is tailored to everyone’s needs, goals, and expectations. Treatments include nonoperative pain relief, joint preservation, arthroscopy, partial joint replacement, total joint replacement, and advanced joint reconstruction.
Dr. Fischer is proud to practice in Oregon and be a part of the Portland community. His interest outside of work are many, but inevitably revolve around his family and closest friends.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate - Biology - Oregon State University
- Medical Degree - University of Nevada School of Medicine - Reno/Las Vegas, NV
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency – KU School of Medicine - Wichita, KS
- Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction – Cleveland Clinic - Cleveland, OH
- Member – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member – American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member – Oregon Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member – Oregon Medical Association
Visit Dr. Fischer's website: www.fischerjoints.com